7 Easy Tips for Successful Watering
Garden care goes beyond planning and planting. Summer care is essential and that includes watering.
1. Make watering easier by watering in the morning hours. If life prevents that, consider adding timers.
2. On average, most plants need 1 inch of water per week.
3. Mulch retains moisture and prevents weeds. But don't skimp, add at least 2-4 inches in beds and around trees.
4. Water at base of plants or use a soaker hose.
5. Watering cans work well with containers.
6. Remember - watering deeply promotes deep roots & that helps during dry periods or when you can't water.
7. Shop for tree gators to help watering newly planted trees.